Waterproof boots might sound like a good option if you are going puddle jumping for the afternoon. But for a multiday trip, a waterproof boot can get uncomfortably sweaty. Additionally, if water does leak in over the top, it can take days to dry as the waterproof lining keeps the water in too!
Wild hide leather is naturally water resistant while also breathable and it also dries a lot faster than its synthetic counterparts. This means you can take the Tracker Forest ESC to into sandy, rocky heat as well as the cold and wet for days on end. If your feet get wet, they will dry and the breathable leather creates a microclimate for feet, keeping them warm in the cold, and cool in the heat.
We all know the more we care for something, the better it lasts, and the Tracker Forest ESC is no exception. We recommend using Renapur, the natural balsam that nurtures and protects the natural properties of leather. Here’s how to make best use of this little tin of goodness:
- The most important point when using Renapur Leather Balsam is to apply it sparingly, don’t use too much as it should all be absorbed into the leather.
- Dip the application sponge into the pot of balsam and wipe the sponge over the edge of the pot to remove any excess. Generally speaking, if you can see Renapur Balsam on the sponge you are using too much. Scrape it off and make it last!
- Gently work the treated sponge over the leather. The Balsam will quickly absorb working its leather cleaning magic as it goes. It’s pretty satisfying.
- No need to buff – but if you’ve used too much of the Balsam and it hasn’t all been absorbed, wipe off the excess with a soft clean cloth, and don’t waste it next time!
- If your boots are dirty you don’t have to clean them first unless the dirt is ingrained into the leather. Renapur Leather Balsam can deal with a bit of mud or dirt, it’ll just dissolve away from the leather and come off onto the sponge.
Take care of your boots, and they’ll take care of you. Most importantly, once you’ve applied your Renapur to your Tracker Forest ESC boots, get out there and take those boots on an adventure. They certainly do not want to sit in the cupboard looking clean.