This role will drive our purpose and business through impactful copy & storytelling, contributing towards the goal of becoming the leading barefoot business.
As a storyteller, you will shape and deliver compelling copy & narratives that inspires the broader community to live barefoot.
We have big plans for the next few years, and we need a skilled creative copywriter to help bring them to life. Reporting into the Creative Services Manager, you’ll be crafting and upholding the brand TOV globally, and across all channels.
As part of our growing Brand Team, you will help voice and shape the next steps in our barefoot journey. This is a creative role in which you will collaborate with and receive briefs from the Creative, Product, Marketing & Commercial Teams, as well as work all levels of the business, including directly with our founders. The role will primarily work with the in-house brand and marketing team, writing beautifully constructed copy for a variety of needs across the business.
The copywriter is responsible for generating original & on brand copy that grabs the attention of our target audience and the world at large.
Success in the role will reflect in the following indicators, which include but are not limited to:
- Impact in role – Develop Vivo’s copy and tone to deliver best-in-class storytelling, inspiring action and delivering meaningful messages with impact.
- Impact on the wider business – Supporting both activism and BAU to support our regenerative mission, while servicing and inspiring relevant functions and departments.
- Impact on regions - understand Vivo’s regional nuances and work with central and local markets to deliver copy optimised by market, and with consideration of local culture and legal requirements.
- Impact on the team – set an example for efficiency and effectiveness, and take pride in and ownership and impact of all output.
The Copywriter is responsible for:
- Marketing campaign copy - creative concept copy to accompany seasonal campaigns for internal and external documents.
- Web copy including product copy, homepage, landing pages for projects and brand information.
- Regular editorial blog posts – written, commissioned and/or copy checked, covering topics from barefoot education, product, and campaign write-ups, to a detailed piece on biomechanics.
- Weekly social copy – written, commissioned, and/or copy checked. Providing creative & copy support for the social media manager.
- Weekly email blasts to our database – writing to a brief, proposing new ideas, testing and learning.
- Product descriptions, ~100 SKU’s per season [4x PA].
- Support on press releases on collaborations, events and new collections (with input from global PR agencies).
- Seasonal POS, Packaging, Leaflets, Product booklets.
- Supporting eCom team as needed with translations service for web copy.
- Senior stakeholders support with presentations, or similar (co-founders).
- Comfortable incorporating SEO recommendations into content development.
- This role will be joining the brand at a crucial and exciting time as we re-articulate our brand expression, there will be an opportunity to work on brand TOV and creative expression.
- Ad hoc requests each week – this might be a customer service email, or it might be work on a company-wide marketing campaign.
- Commissioning & managing freelancer copywriters where necessary.
To find out more about the position and apply follow the link here.