Leading the design function of our Active Category, the Active Footwear Designer is responsible for interpreting briefs from concept through to final product execution. Researching trends, creating compelling new footwear concepts that meet the brand strategic priorities, category product briefs & seasonal design direction.
The Active Footwear Designer is responsible for:
A) Design Responsibilities:
- Lead the creation of all Active Footwear design to present solutions that are consumer & brand relevant and result in disruptive & industry defining footwear.
- Foster a sketch, share and collaborative culture during ideation stage with the CDO, Active Footwear Designer & Advanced Concepts Designer to elevate cross category creation excellence.
- Maintaining design consistency through all Vivobarefoot product lines.
- Collaborate with other functional leaders within Active (Marketing, Merchandising, PLM) to share designs but also learn from other areas of the business and receive feedback on current sales performance and market interaction.
- Create concept boards and supporting artwork to illustrate the design concept, theme & product stories in an inquiring way.
- Lead Outdoor Design presentations, communicating creative solutions with clarity, effectively selling in ideas to a variety of stakeholders.
- Approach design with an agile dynamic perspective to bring fresh ideas to the process.
- Research & identify future technologies, trends & opportunities.
(B) Technical Responsibilities:
- Present ideas as hand-drawn sketches to digital presentations (rendered line art, flat patterns,2D/3D, technical drawings etc)
- Present designs with sustainability at the centre, consistently evaluated against the V-Matrix.
- Create technical drawings to represent construction information, ensuring accurate interpretation by development.
- Research functional criteria for product to identify functionality benchmarks and work closely with development to test, evaluate and validate designs to these.
(C) Brand & Product Marketing Responsibilities:
- Contribute design direction in creation of annual and long-term creative direction strategies.
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure holistic storytelling & end-to-end creative excellence from sell-in to sell-out.
- Work with athletes and customers as a professional representative of the brand to gather insight & product feedback.
- Prepare seasonal design presentations for seasonal sales confrence and other key events.
(D) Responsibilities within the team:
- Build close cross functional relationships built on honesty & transparency for effective information flow.
- Meet design deadlines and deliverables.
- Ability to lead projects and meet key deadlines, operating in a fast pace, ever changing work environment.
(E) Responsibilities for Company Sustainability:
- Partnering with the Active footwear developers & Sustainability Manager to ensure all environmental & product claims are verified with material vendors, prior to marketing/ecommerce product briefings.
To find out more about the position and apply follow the link here.