Canvas & Eco Canvas Care
SHOE CARE FOR SUSTAINABILITY
Look after your shoes, and your shoes will look after you…
Regular care will preserve the lustre and durability of your canvas shoes and make them last much, much longer.
Good for you, good for the planet.
Go about your daily life can be a messy adventure… and over time your canvas shoes will inevitably become dusty or dirty. So, we’ve put together this guide to keep them looking their natural best so you can enjoy them for as long as possible.
1. If you get caught in the rain and your shoes got soaked, don’t be tempted to dry them next to a heat source such as a radiator or fireside. Let them dry naturally in a neutral temperature.
2. Never put your canvas shoes in the washing machine as this can damage the binding of the shoe. Keep dirt at bay by giving your them a regular buff with a soft-bristled shoe brush. Be sure to do this gently as you don’t want to scuff the material.
3. If that’s not doing the trick, we recommend using Liquiproof Eco Cleaner. It works a treat and won’t damage the material…
4. Dip your brush into warm water, so it is damp but not dripping. Work water gently on the surface of the shoe. Next, add the Liquiproof cleaner to the water and, once again, massage into the shoe, building up a light lather (don’t let them get soaking wet!)
5. Now, wipe away the cleaner with a paper towel, and us this to absorb as much moisture as possible. Then leave your shoes to dry naturally – don’t leave them next to a heat source or in direct sunlight!
6. Top it off with Liquiproof Mesh Protector, giving extra hydrophobic resilience and repelling mud and dirt on for your next venture (but it won’t turn your shoes into wellies!)
And Voila! Happy, rejuvenated canvas that’ll continue to look great for plenty of time to come!