Here’s Unfinished Man saying some good words about the VIVOBAREFOOT Evo II. There are some great photos too.
Apparently the Evo II is “the Ultimate ‘Barefoot’ Running Shoe”. Here’s some other things they liked about the Evo II:
▪ Evo IIs are very light, weighing in at just 8 ounces with the insole inserted. To put things in context for you, my Onitsukas weigh in at 10 ounces, which is already quite light.
▪ Evos are very flexible – so flexible, in fact, that I can completely curl them into a ball. This allows for the wearer’s foot to conform to many surfaces that would be impossible wearing a traditional thick-soled running shoe.
▪ The sole seems very durable, and sports a rather tactile tread. I found that the tread actually improved after a few days of wearing the rubber in.
▪ The shoes feature a box toe, which allows for natural toe spread. After having worn the Evo IIs for a few days, I realized how badly my toes were getting compressed by regular shoes.
▪ I find the shoes very comfortable. I’ve read that it generally takes a person about a month to get used to wearing barefoot style running shoes, but I didn’t find that at all. I actually worked through a whole weight training session with these shoes one day after they arrived.
▪ Unlike Vibram Five Finger shoes, Evos can easily be worn with socks. My favorite socks are the Injinji Performance Series Mini-Crews. The Mini-Crews have a fitted heel, and separated toes which, combined with Evos, allow for maximum toe movement within the shoes.
Read the full article on Unfinishedman.com