For a healthy life regular physical activity is a more powerful remedy than any drug you can take for modern day epidemics.
Find out more … download the eBook – Proprioception: Making Sense of Barefoot Running available for free from the VIVOBAREFOOT Training Clinic.
What to do next? Transition to natural movement:
- Live barefoot, first. And be barefoot as much as possible (80% of the time is about right!). If that’s an issue our casual range of shoes might help.
- Learn to walk again, heel, ball, toe…engage the great toe and use the muscles, tendons, nerves and bones that haven’t been used correctly for 5, 10…50 years.
- Gain your strength slowly, perfect the motorskill milestones. Little and often, perfect the walking, squatting, jumping.
- Now try running a little.
- Get the ultimate feedback and film your self running.
- Get a second opinion from someone that knows what they are looking for.
- Build up slowly, very slowy, little and often.
On 28th July 2012, David & Katharine began an epic journey to run the length of South America, the equivalent of over 200 marathons in a year, through some of the most awe inspiring and biologically rich ecosystems on earth.
They started from Cabo Froward, the most southerly tip of the continent and and are running towards the Caribbean Sea of Venezuela.They are fulfilling a dream expedition to run the length of the South America unsupported for the continent’s wild places. Read more…
This is a reaction to the recent findings of the Brigham Young University study regarding the importance of transitioning properly.
The word transition is now a commonplace term with runners, especially for athletes who have chosen to ditch the cushioned running shoes. The most likely journey is from jogger to unskilled runner to finally reaching the skilled runner.
But what does transition actually mean? In the context of running it is, as the dictionary definition highlights, the process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another. With barefoot running there is definitely a physical change but there are also inescapable mental and social transitions as well. Read more…
Ultimate on-road / in-gym barefoot performance shoe. Three years in our heads, careful optimisation on the plantar pressure plate, and months of road testing. Two feet: ONE shoe.