#barefootfact 1 Movement as medicine
April 01, 2013 by Jamie Page
For a healthy life regular physical activity is a more powerful remedy than any drug you can take for modern day epidemics.
Find out more … download the eBook – Proprioception: Making Sense of Barefoot Running
available for free from the VIVOBAREFOOT Training Clinic
What to do next? Transition
to natural movement:
#barefootfact from VIVOBAREFOOT
- Live barefoot, first. And be barefoot as much as possible (80% of the time is about right!). If that's an issue our casual range of shoes might help.
- Learn to walk again, heel, ball, toe…engage the great toe and use the muscles, tendons, nerves and bones that haven't been used correctly for 5, 10…50 years.
- Gain your strength slowly, perfect the motorskill milestones. Little and often, perfect the walking, squatting, jumping.
- Now try running a little.
- Get the ultimate feedback and film your self running.
- Get a second opinion from someone that knows what they are looking for.
- Build up slowly, very slowy, little and often.