On the 6th May 2012 it’s International Barefoot Running Day.
“After our smashing success last year, we hope to double the turnout this year. IBRD is a grassroots, inclusive effort to promote barefoot running as a healthy and viable way to run. It’s also about having fun and delighting in the idea of running barefoot with thousands of people worldwide on the same day.” – Barefoot Runners Society
With barefoot events all around the world, VIVOBAREFOOT, like last year, is supporting the Brighton (UK) chapter. You can sign up for the Brighton event on fastandfresh.co.uk. For more details and information about a barefoot run near your check out the IBRD local events listing.
- WHEN: May 6, 2012
- WHERE: Everywhere, worldwide
- HOW FAR: Fun runs of 1km and 5km; some locations may have other distances as well
- To bring awareness to barefoot and minimalist running
- To show support for this sport we love
- To have loads of fun in an worldwide moment of barefoot solidarity
Find a barefoot run near you and join the barefoot running revolution.